Specific detox diets vary, but in general, after a period of fasting, a strict diet of raw vegetables, fruits and fruit juices, and water is followed. Additionally, some detox diets promote the use of herbal remedies and other supplements along with colon cleansing (enemas) to empty the intestines, according to the Mayo Clinic.
The nonprofit also revealed that some people report feeling more focused and energetic during and after detox diets.
However, there is little evidence that detox diets actually remove toxins from the body. In fact, the kidneys and liver generally filter and remove most ingested toxins quite effectively.
Anyway, the OkChicas portal, dedicated to health issues, tips, advice, among others, revealed 10 natural infusions to detoxify the body.
- Lemon water: several positive aspects are attributed to the consumption of lemon water as a method to lose weight, cleanse the body and receive contributions of vitamin C, among others. The ideal is to consume a cup of water and a lemon in aid and before each meal.
- Cucumber and mint water: Mint has anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antiseptic, analgesic, antibacterial or antitussive properties, among others. Consequently, you need to mix 2 lemon slices, 2 cucumber slices and 4 fresh mint leaves in a glass with water.
- Apple and cinnamon water: Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, cholesterol-lowering and immunomodulatory effects, and has promising results as a complement to the treatment of type 2 diabetes. For this reason, to make the infusion it must be added to a cup of water a sliced apple and two cinnamon sticks.
- Chia water: The seeds among its components include iron, calcium, niacin, thiamine and riboflavin. All these characteristics make it a food that, for example, helps in burning fat quickly, since its high fiber content stimulates and prolongs the sensation of fullness and to make the infusion you must add a tablespoon of chia seeds. and the juice of half a lemon to a glass of water.
- Strawberry and cucumber water: Cucumber and strawberries are a rich source of vitamins A, C and E. Consequently, to make the infusion you need 1 sliced strawberry, 4 cucumber slices, 2 lemon slices, 2 diced mint leaves and a glass of water.
- Coconut water: Coconut is rich in fibers and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and vitamins E, C, and B. For this reason, to make the infusion, half a cup of coconut is required, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice and a cup of water.
- Aloe vera water: Aloe vera has several benefits such as, for example, it helps to improve circulation and digestion and to make the infusion you need: half a cup of aloe vera, a quarter cup of lemon juice and two liters of water.
- Orange water: Orange is an excellent source of vitamin C, flavonoids, folic acid and minerals such as potassium and magnesium. Consequently, to make the infusion, you need two liters of water, the slices of 1 orange and the slices of 4 lemons.
Juices, fruits, vegetables
fruits vegetables market food support market place Photos Jonathan Chiquiza – Photo: JONATHAN CHIQUIZA
- Strawberry Kiwi Water: Kiwi has vitamin A and E, while strawberries have rejuvenating properties. For this reason, you need two liters of water, 2 kiwis and 5 strawberries.
- Grapefruit water: Grapefruit helps to accelerate metabolism, reduce cholesterol and triglycerides and to make the infusion you need: a cup of water, 2 slices of grapefruit, 3 of lemon, 3 of cucumber and 6 mint leaves .